Wednesday 16 July 2014

Come Play With Me: Wing It Out


My friend Monique chose the next Come play with me theme, and to my delight it was 'wing it out', essentially creating a winged eyeliner look. I really want to go all out with this one, but due to having many errands to run today I kept it fairly simple so I didn't scare anyone in public.


To achieve this 'double wing' I used the maybelline master precise liner which I have been absolutely loving, followed by putting the Mac glitter liner in 'Blitzed' on the base of the wing. I put half baked from the Naked palette on the bottom lash line to add to the gold theme followed by both of the matte browns into the crease.


And of course I used the Benefit They're Real on my lashes. It was so hard to photograph the glitter on the liner and unfortunately my photos didn't really do it justice. In good lighting all the sparkles moved when it hit the light and I just fell in love with the look. It was fun to play around with liner and do something I wouldn't usually wear. So let me know, will you be taking on the challenge?

Monique xx

11 comments:

  1. Looks great, Monique! I love how precise your wing is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend chose a fun theme, not sure how I'll go as I haven't mastered the winged eye yet, but it will be fun having a play. Your version is stunning, I love the pop of gold that you have added xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure you'll nail it! And thanks so much lovely, I think that was the second time ever I used the gold in my naked palette- I just never seem to wear it!

      Delete
  3. Perfectly done winged eye I need a lot of practice x

    Varinder Makeupmeandyoyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous, the maybelline liner definitely makes it easier! :) x

      Delete
  4. Oh wow Monique - you clever gal, I'm super impressed! Crikey I have enough trouble with a single wing lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh Kats you made me chuckle, your beautiful EOTD's don't even need one! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh you sweet thing! Here's my attempt hon...
      http://katscolourings.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/come-play-with-me-wing-it-out.html

      Delete
  5. I love the black/coloured dual liner look. I go the opposite way - ALWAYS black closest to the eye for me, with colour or glitter above on the top lash line, with nothing or just colour on the lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, I decided to do the opposite as the glitter really popped when layered over the black :)

      Delete