Saturday 30 August 2014

August Empties


August has been a pretty crazy month for me, I worked at the 2014 Ekka for the RNA and then simultaneously after months of applying for jobs was offered a position in after school care. So after the Ekka was over I started my new job, but then found out that the RNA also hired me so I have been working two jobs. After/before school care during the week and then catering shifts on the weekend- let just say going from jobless to instantly two jobs has been pretty full on! So I may have not been able to blog much lately although I still managed to get through a good chunk of products in the month of August!


1. Sex In The City body lotion; This came with a perfume set I received as a gift a few years back. It was so old that It didn't even smell perfumed, and the consistency was quite runny. It did moisturise nicely but I definitely wouldn't repurchase and was glad to use it up finally.

2. Simple Kind to Skin wipes; I have used up a few packets of these now and they don't disappoint. They remove makeup well and don't irritate my skin.

3. Crystal roll on deodorant; I purchase most of my natural products including coconut oil and detox tea from Iherb.com, and on one online shopping trip I decided on pick up an aluminium free deodorant. This deodorant was only good to me in the cooler months, I didn't bother using it in summer as It would only last an hour or two. This deodorant prevents odour but allows your skin to sweat, so if you don't like the feeling of damp underarms this definitely isn't for you! But it is great if you want to avoid some nasty chemicals that have been linked to breast cancer. If you have any natural deodorant recommendations please let me know in the comments below!

4/5. Epochas Firming serum and cream; When I initially received these two products I was super excited at the thought of being able to hopefully reduce some inches on my thighs. The kit came with a measuring tape to keep track throughout the process. I measured the thickest part of my thigh on day one and again once I had used up the products. And yep you guessed it- no difference! These products are pricey, the packaging was horrible (the serum leaked and pump didn't work) and I didn't see a difference so In my opinion I wouldn't buy them.


6. Ulta3 Nail Colour in Twinkle Toes; This glitter polish dried out and and went goopy, I have another polish that is pretty much identical so it was time for this one to go.

7. Nutrideep Multiplier; This was included in the hair dye I used last month although I only used it up recently. I wouldn't call it a conditioner, but rather a non-permanent dye I guess? It freshened up my hair in-between dying and made it super shiny, I really enjoyed it!

8. Ever Blonde shampoo sample; If you have been reading my empties posts then you would have seen a couple of these, I finally finished the last one this month. A great purple shampoo that I would definitely repurchase If I ever get through all the shampoos I currently have.

9. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation; I really enjoyed using this foundation, I mixed it with my darker Revlon colour stay to make the perfect shade for my skin. I will definitely repurchase as I think its a great every day foundation, even for my combo skin!

10. Reese's Lip balm; My best friend brought this back from America last year, I love Reece's chocolate so I was super excited to use it. It didn't really smell like peanut butter but it was still super yum to use. It's always such a good feeling to finish up a lip balm!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and reading about my empties. Has August flown by for you too? I can't believe its nearly September already!

Monique xx



14 comments:

  1. Well done on getting through so many products. August has gone crazy quick, it'll be Christmas again before we know it, eek! A huge congrats on getting TWO jobs, life must be crazy busy for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely!! Yes I can't believe christmas is just around the corner, its crazy but I'm excited for an excuse to go shopping! x

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on the jobs - that is fantastic!! I am sure that you have been a bit overwhelmed with this big change but just take things one at a time.

    You got through some great products there. I haven't tried any of them! I have a few products that I have finished this month so I had better get to my review too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate! Its definitely been a big change but an exciting one at that. Look forward to reading your reviews!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new job lovely :)

    I am in love with reese's buttercups, they are just divine, I've never seen it in a lip balm form... I'm scared that I'd be licking my lips every minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! Oh god don't even get me started on my love affair for reese's- I'm actually glad this lip balm didn't smell/taste much like them otherwise the temptation to eat it would've been too much haha :)

      Delete
  4. You always do so well with your empties!! Better to have 2 jobs than none, congrats!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much Candice!! Empties posts are my favourite so I'm always on a mission to use up products lol :) x

      Delete
  5. Yay! A new job is always exciting - congratulations! Love that you've got a polish in this one. At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to have one in my empties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! Haha I was really torn whether to throw it out or keep it, I just looked at my ridiculous amount of polishes and had to make the rational decision lol!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the new jobs and your diligence finishing up or throwing out products. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou so much, haha It does require some will power but its worth it when you get to go shopping again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo 2 jobs congrats my dear must be very busy for you ��
    It's been a long time since I left my second job
    Great job on your august empties I have gathered my empties too but too lazy to write a post on them today
    X

    Varinder Makeupmeandyoyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely!! Haha its still early early September so you have ages to get your post up, I look forward to reading it! x

      Delete