Friday 19 September 2014

FOTD: Breakfast Date


Let's just all stare at this eggs benedict for a minute and drool shall we? This morning my partner was kind enough to take me out to breakfast and I thought hey might as well do a blog post on my makeup while I'm at it. So if you want to see the makeup I used to create the following look, please keep reading!


I wanted to wear a dark smokey eye with matching lips but I had to restrain myself as after all I was just going out for breakfast, and with the lovely weather it's time to start embracing some lighter and brighter colours. I received a sample of the Bare minerals 'Bare Skin' foundation yesterday so I thought I would try it out. Its formula is essentially a liquid, although the coverage is lovely and it doesn't feel like you have a thing on your skin, so far so good! Of course I'm the lightest shade in the range, no surprise there...




I also used my Mac See Thru lip colour in the shade 'Secret Crush' for the first time, it's a sheer lip colour that gives off the nicest berry flush to the lips. I wore this as I was eating and didn't want to worry about fixing my lipstick, reviews I read on the product stated it stains the lips, and I wouldn't say it stains but It does wear off nicely. The eyeshadow palette I used is the Sleek 'Oh So Special' palette, I have been absolutely loving the purple tones in this and that's what I used on my eyes today. The only thing that annoys me about the sleek palette is that it is so hard to open! In fact when I had acrylic nails on I didn't even try to open it, they're lucky the shadows are worth the hassle!


Quite a simple look that I enjoyed wearing out, I am now currently nestling my food baby and trying not to think about the calories I just consumed. Let me know if you have any exciting weekend plans, and thanks so much for reading!

Monique xx

8 comments:

  1. A very soft and pretty make up look Monique. And I love your eye liner skills! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummmmmmmm.. the breakfast looks pretty good, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lip colour and the breakfast looks yummy too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pink Hornet! Wishing I could have that breaky every morning :)

      Delete
  4. Love the look and you look absolutely fab

    Is that a dress or a top you wearing in the pic above ?

    X
    Makeupmeandyoyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Its a dress I got on sale from Tempt a few days ago on sale for $10! Im loving it :)

      Delete