Friday 28 August 2015

Mo's Lowdown: Red Carpet Kolour Body Glow

Now tanning Is a scary topic for some of us fair skinned ladies out there, and It usually takes me at-least three attempts of a self tan product before I'm brave enough to rock it out in the real world. So what If I told you I was brave enough one night to try out an instant tanning product for the first time, AND go out to a birthday dinner AND wear white? And guess what, It was a success! Behold the magic product!


So the RCK Body Glow claims to be a product that adds instant warmth and glow to the skin, hiding imperfections such as scars, marks and cellulite. I am quite self conscious about the cellulite on my thighs so I was initially enticed to try this product when wearing short dresses or skirts out. The lotion comes in 3 shades, light, medium and tan. Being quite pale myself I figured medium would be a good choice as I could add a bit of warmth to my skin in the process. The product itself is a liquid that absorbs into the skin quite fast, I used a Bondi Sands tanning mitt to apply It all over my body.


Now the part I was most skeptical about was that this lotion supposedly doesn't budge once it's on. It was the end of summer when I first tried this product and It's Australia we're talking about, nothing stays on your skin for long! Anyway want-to-be-glowy Monique waited 5 minutes for the lotion to dry, put on a white top and went out to the birthday dinner feeling like a goddess, but was worrying the whole time there would be orange patches on her shirt by the end of the night. Thankfully there was nothing to worry about! To my surprise this product really is transfer proof, and once you allow it to dry it doesn't budge. I have really taken a liking to this 'tanner,' ('glower' just sounds weird) as it takes me less than 5 minutes to apply, I don't have to wait around for it to develop and Its easy to wash off in the shower at the end of the night. 


One application of the Body Glow really did warm up my skin, and although its hard to capture on camera It provides your skin with the most beautiful luminous glow, It look's so flattering especially on the décolletage and legs. I was so doubtful of this product at first but now I always find myself last minute rubbing this all over my body before a big event. Now I was sent this product for consideration although of course all my reviews are genuine, and the price always comes into my review. The RCK Body Glow retails for $49.99 from their website and I personally think It's a little steep for my beauty budget. That being said I have used this product about 5 times and It feels as if I haven't even made a dint in the bottle, so you definitely get your money's worth. I am really loving It and although personally I think It's a little pricey I'm going to be stalking any sales or Ebay listings thats for sure!

I give this product a rating of 4/5 due to price but I can't see myself giving it up any time soon. Thanks for checking out my review and let me know if you have tried out the RCK Body Glow!

Monique xx



No comments:

Post a Comment